quarta-feira, 29 de julho de 2009

Uma fala de «The Lion in Winter», 1968




[Henry II]My life, when it is written, will read better than it lived. Henry Fitz-Empress, first Plantagenet, a king at 21, the ablest soldier of an able time. He led men well, he cared for justice when he could... and ruled, for 30 years, a state as great as Charles Magne's. He married out of love a woman out of legend. Not in Alexandria or Rome or Camelot has there been such a queen.
She bore him many children but no sons. King Henry had no sons. He had three whiskered things, but he disowned them. You're not mine! We're not connected! I deny you! None of you will get my kingdom. I leave you nothing! And I wish you plague! May all your children breech and die!
My boys are gone. I've lost my boys.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário