quarta-feira, 22 de julho de 2009

Um diálogo de «The Spy Who Came in From Cold», 1965












[Leamas] I don't believe in Father Christmas. I don't believe in God or Karl Marx. I don't believe in anything that rocks the world.
[Fiedler] But how do you sleep? You have to have a philosophy.
[Leamas]I reserve myself the right to be ignorant. That's the Western way of life.
[Fiedler] I couldn't have put it better myself. You think ignorance is a valuable contribution to world knowledge. You fight for ignorance.
[Leamas] Go to hell.
[Fiedler]Look, all I want to know is why. What's the motive?
[Leamas]I invented the combustion engine and the two-way nappy. I'm a hero of the Soviet Union. I wear the order of Lenin on my rump. I'm a man, you fool. Don't you understand? A plain, simple, muddled, fat-headed human being.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário