sexta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2012

This

Now what's this? What's the object of all this darkness all over me? They haven't gone and buried me alive while my back was turned, have they? Ah, now would you think they would do a thing like that! Oh, no, I know what it is. I'm awake. That's it. I waked up in the middle of the night. Well, isn't that nice. Isn't that simply ideal. Twenty minutes past four, and here's Baby wide-eyed as a marigold. Look at this, will you? At the time when all decent people are going to bed, I must wake up. There's no way things can ever come out even, under this system. This is a rank as injustice is ever likely to get. This is what bring about hatred and bloodshed, that's what this does.

Dorothy Parker, "The Little Hours", The Sexes, Penguin Modern Classics, Penguin, 2011.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário